The Account Manager will effectively negotiate and secure loads with existing and new customers as well as work to build the company’s carrier base, utilizing our consultative sales process (Effective Sales Driver ™) to meet and exceed gross profit targets.
The Account Manager:
- Negotiates the terms for each load, ensuring that minimum margin requirements are met.
- Works with UWT’s Carrier Sales Representatives to ensure there are carriers to transport the load and to ensure maximum margins are achieved when negotiating terms with customers.
- Works with UWT’s Carrier Sales Representatives to identify and develop new or additional capacity opportunities and possible approaches.
- Manages priorities each day to ensure daily/weekly/monthly targets are met (gross profit, loads, call metrics).
- Conducts daily business solicitation from assigned leads.
- Conducts regular proactive communication with existing carrier base to generate load opportunities.
- Troubleshoots load issues and communicates with customers to provide the best solutions.
- Works effectively other members of the Sales Department and other departments to ensure customers and carriers receive expected levels of service and communication with every load.
Required Experience, Education, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Two years of related sales experience.
- Industry experience an asset. Note that all applications are kept strictly confidential to ensure privacy is not breached.
- Experience in a fast paced environment, where there is a high volume of transactions, many details to be tracked at once and tight deadlines.
- Some post secondary education, with a focus on business; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in MS Outlook skills and a basic understanding of MS Word and Excel
Here is what happens next
You will receive an automatic reply to confirm we have received your email.
Those who are short listed will be contacted for a brief phone interview, to allow us to get to know you better.
Those that meet the requirements of the role (based on the information provided by your resume and the phone interview), will be invited to come in for a face to face interview.
Information collected until this point, will be used to assist us in determining who will be invited back for a final interview. If selected, you will be asked to complete an online questionnaire, which generates a report called a DISC Profile Summary, and provides us with information on your natural work styles as well as how you have adapted for your current work environment. You will be provided with a copy of this report, which we will review together in the final interview.
The final interview may include some basic testing, such as typing or computer testing, depending on the requirements of the job.
References will be completed. All candidates will be notified of our decision and formal offers will be presented.
References will be completed prior to any offers being made.
DISC is the universal language of observable human behavior, or “how we act”. DISC does not measure education, experience, values or intelligence. It simply measures an individual’s behaviors, or how they communicate. With the knowledge of DISC, you can learn to understand and appreciate your behavior style, and then adapt your style in communication with others. In fact, you can change the golden rule. Rather than treating others as you would want to be treated, you can treat others the way they want to be treated.
Behavioral research suggests that the most effective people are those who understand themselves, both their strengths and weaknesses, so they can develop strategies to meet the demands of their environment. With this in mind and because of our commitment to continuous improvement of our training programs, this has become an invaluable tool in the recruitment process as well as for ongoing employee development.
We will communicate clearly at each step of the recruitment process, so you know what to expect.
If you don’t see a current job posting that is a good fit for your skills, we invite you to submit a resume and application for future consideration. Candidates are strongly encouraged to keep checking for open positions and apply to individual job postings as they become available, as this provides the best opportunity to be considered. Thank you for your interest in our team!