Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representatives work effectively within the Customer Service department and with other departments to ensure customers and carriers receive expected levels of service and communication with every load.
The Customer Service Representative:
- Communicates with carriers to provide delivery instructions and collect information to ensure deliveries are on time and in accordance with UWTs Loading Guidelines.
- Summarizes information into daily truck updates, which are sent to customers each morning.
- Organizes, completes, and processes paperwork required for border crossing.
- Identifies any issues and communicates with appropriate departments as per established processes.
- Troubleshoots issues; communicates with customers regarding details, action plans, and resolutions to issues.
Required Experience, Education, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Two years’ experience in a customer contact position.
- Experience in a fast paced environment, where there is a high volume of transactions, many details to be tracked at once and tight deadlines.
- Intermediate MS Outlook skills and a basic understanding of MS Word and Excel.
- Keyboarding speed of 35 words per minute.
- Conversational Spanish an asset.
Other Important Information:
This is a permanent full time position. We are a 7 day a week operation and all Customer Service Representatives work one weekend day as part of their set schedule. Compensation: Total compensation for the successful candidate based on experience.
If you think we are a good match for you, complete a UWT Employment Application and forward it along with your resume to .
Here is what happens next
You will receive an automatic reply to confirm we have received your email.
Those who are short listed will be contacted for a brief phone interview, to allow us to get to know you better.
Those that meet the requirements of the role (based on the information provided by your resume and the phone interview), will be invited to come in for a face to face interview.
Information collected until this point, will be used to assist us in determining who will be invited back for a final interview. If selected, you will be asked to complete an online questionnaire, which generates a report called a DISC Profile Summary, and provides us with information on your natural work styles as well as how you have adapted for your current work environment. You will be provided with a copy of this report, which we will review together in the final interview.
The final interview may include some basic testing, such as typing or computer testing, depending on the requirements of the job.
References will be completed. All candidates will be notified of our decision and formal offers will be presented.
References will be completed prior to any offers being made.
DISC is the universal language of observable human behavior, or “how we act”. DISC does not measure education, experience, values or intelligence. It simply measures an individual’s behaviors, or how they communicate. With the knowledge of DISC, you can learn to understand and appreciate your behavior style, and then adapt your style in communication with others. In fact, you can change the golden rule. Rather than treating others as you would want to be treated, you can treat others the way they want to be treated.
Behavioral research suggests that the most effective people are those who understand themselves, both their strengths and weaknesses, so they can develop strategies to meet the demands of their environment. With this in mind and because of our commitment to continuous improvement of our training programs, this has become an invaluable tool in the recruitment process as well as for ongoing employee development.
We will communicate clearly at each step of the recruitment process, so you know what to expect.
If you don’t see a current job posting that is a good fit for your skills, we invite you to submit a resume and application for future consideration. Candidates are strongly encouraged to keep checking for open positions and apply to individual job postings as they become available, as this provides the best opportunity to be considered. Thank you for your interest in our team!