National Truck Driver Appreciation Week (NTDAW) is this September 8-14th! Across the nation, many take time to honor the drivers who do one of the most demanding jobs out there. In fact, it’s more than a job, it’s a lifestyle choice. Being on the road for days or even weeks at a time and being away from family and friends is a lifestyle that would not suit everyone. But that’s what keeps North America moving. There are more than 3.5 million professional drivers who deliver our goods safely, securely and on time. So, here are some great ways to celebrate the week and make sure you recognize drivers hard work:
- Get in touch – give a trucker a call or send them a note letting them know how much they are appreciated. If you are a driver, call a colleague and share your positive stories of connection during the week!
- Food, the universal mood lifter! Treat yourself to a nice meal out at your favorite place or take someone else up on their offer to treat you! Also, many restaurant chains that are hosting events, so be sure to check that out. And, check out our offer at the end of this post!
- Pay it forward – we have all heard the story of someone buying the person behind them coffee when in line at a cafe. Take that on and spread the good vibes by making someone’s day a little bit brighter!
- Treat your truck as well! It’s the machine that has gotten you through all those deliveries. So, treat it to a nice wash, clean out the inside, and get your scheduled maintenance done!
- Check for deals! Many local and national companies are getting involved in NTDAW! Here are some national deals to check out:
- Pilot Flying J Travel Centers – participating locations are offering points for mobile fueling, free mid-trip inspections and free shower power – for the whole month of September! Check out more details on the Pilot Flying J website.
- Loves Travel stops – throughout the month of September, drivers will have the chance to win 10,000 My Love Rewards points and one driver will win 1 million My Love Rewards Points. There will also be many in-store specials for drivers. Check out more info on the Love’s website.
- Get Social. #NTDAW, #NTDAW2019 and #ThankATrucker will all be trending next week! Make sure you check in on your favorite social platform and share how you are celebrating!
Whatever you do, make sure you take the time to appreciate your fellow drivers and yourself. Putting long hours on the road is hard work! And, to honor that, this week, coffee’s on us!!!
A Special Offer for our Drivers
For National Truck Driver Appreciation Week (September 8-14, 2019), if you get booked on a load from the UWT Carrier App, we will give you $10! The UWT App shows all active UWT Carriers our currently available loads; click on a load to see its details. If you’re interested in the load, you simply “flag” it. Once you have flagged this load, one of our Capacity Manager team members will be in touch with you shortly. If you get booked on the load, you get $10 added to your final payment! It’s that easy!
The app is available on the Google Play Store and the Apple iTunes store. Download today!
Install Android UWT app ➡ http://bit.ly/2GqPfDl
Install iOS app ➡ https://apple.co/2Gk4YD1
We sincerely appreciate all the work our drivers do year-round and wish you all a happy National Truck Driver Appreciation Week!